Monday 6 June 2011

I'm not the blogging type. Or am I?

Well...I never thought this day would come, but I didn't even last a full year of marriage before I caved.  So here we are (whether you like it or not Dallin).  Actually Dal doesn't even know about the blog yet.  Early future-Father's Day present? I'm sure he will be thrilled...

I guess I should start off by introducing our little family to the blogging world.  I will try not to list off my entire life's story including all of the pets I've ever had, which would be reminiscent of my childhood journal.  It's probably not as cute when a grown woman does that right?  So I used to be a Rowe and now I am Low. This transformation occurred on July 31, 2010 when I married Dallin, and it was my perfect day.  This blog just wouldn't be complete without some wedding pictures, so expect some of those sometime when I am on a different computer.

 I am a quarter century old but I don't feel like I am.  I am still somewhat shy and intimidated by "adults", even though I am one..I guess.  I chose the nerdy path of accounting at the ripe age of 15 and that is the path that I continue on.  I lived in Edmonton while I completed my Bachelor of Commerce degree at UofA and then got a job articling in public practise.  If all goes as planned I will have my CA by December of this year. Just Module 6, studying and UFE left in my journey.  And has it ever been a journey! Not the exciting kind, but more of grueling, life sucking, wrinkle causing kind. I won't get into that boring stuff though.

 Dallin and I live in Calgary where he goes to UofC and I work at Price Waterhouse Coopers.  Dallin is working on his undergrad full-time while studying for the LSAT, which he plans to write in October.  So we will both be spending most of our summer days studying indoors this year, but that ok because I have embraced my whiteness. Tans are fickle anyways, they just fade (Not saying that I would avoid one or anything). 

Now that I have a short break between busy season and module 6, I have time for hobbies and interests again.  So along with my sudden "semi-interest" in blogging, I have also taken up running and hot yoga again which has been great.  I just ran my first 10K race on saturday and it was great fun!  I have also taken an interest in painting/decorating our place, as well as planting flowers.  These are not typical interests of mine but Dallin and I just moved into a townhouse (still renting) but we aren't sharing a yard etc so it hs been really fun to finally be able to personalize our space.  Our discovery of HGTV might also have something to do with it.  Dallin is still waiting for me to gain an interest in cooking/baking, but at this rate it could happen any day now...

Well I can't promise to be a very loyal blogger, but I used to write in a journal quite regularily until I got married and now I feel like I should get with the times. This is what wives do right? and who knows maybe Dallin will post some treats on here as well!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have a blog!! It has been so long since we've caught up. Hopefully this will help us to keep in touch better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacie!! this is great, I have added your blog to my blogger friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're already a better blogger than I am
    but since i'm the competitive type i'm going to start trying harder..
    LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete